Injured in a Bus Crash? Our Bus Accident Attorney In Griffin GA Is Here To Help!
Buses are everywhere on Griffin’s city streets. Unfortunately, any bus can be involved in an accident, whether it’s a school bus, a MARTA bus, or any other type of bus. When that happens, you need an experienced Griffin GA bus accident lawyer on your side to fight for you.
At The Graham Firm, we’ve been helping bus and truck accident victims get the compensation they deserve since 1999. As a top personal injury law firm in Griffin, Georgia We are dedicated to doing everything in our power to assist our clients in maximizing their compensation following bus and other auto accidents in Georgia and beyond.
With our knowledge and resources, we can investigate the cause of the accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf.
Don't let the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident overwhelm you; every bus accident claim is unique, so contact an Atlanta personal injury lawyer at The Graham Firm to schedule a free consultation today at (678) 603-1119.
Understanding Your Rights After a Bus Accident
Even if you were partly at fault for a bus accident (for example, if you were the driver of another vehicle and were speeding when the bus hit you), you have certain rights since Georgia is a comparative fault state. Those rights include the right to receive fair compensation for damages caused to you through the negligence of somebody else (such as the bus driver, the company that owns the bus, or anybody else who was at fault).
Common Types of Bus Collisions
Buses can be involved in many different types of traffic accidents, including:
- Frontal impact
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side impact crashes
- Departing the road impacts
Bus Crash Risks for Riders
Since most buses don’t have seatbelts, bus riders are extremely vulnerable during accidents and may suffer severe injuries or even a wrongful death.
Dangers to Pedestrians or Passenger Vehicle Occupants in a Bus Crash
From 2012 to 2021, 53% of people injured in school bus-related crashes were occupants of other vehicles, and 16% of deaths in school bus-related crashes were pedestrians, so bus riders aren’t the only victims in bus accidents.
Whether you were a passenger on the bus, the driver of another vehicle, or a pedestrian involved in a bus accident, you may be entitled to money to cover medical bills and other expenses. Contact our Griffin law office office today at (678) 603-1119 for a free consultation and review of your case.
Most Frequent Causes of a Bus Crash
Some of the most common causes of a bus crash include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Poor maintenance of buses
- Bus design
- Unsafe lanes
- Lack of barriers
As long as you were less than 50% at fault for the accident, you may be owed compensation for your injuries. Make an appointment with a personal injury lawyer at The Graham Firm today to discuss your case. Our team is waiting and ready to help at (678) 603-1119.
How to Get Started With Your Bus Accident Claim in Georgia
Regardless of what type of traffic accident you were involved in, you should follow these important steps after a motor vehicle crash.
- Document Damages and Injuries - Pictures and videos make excellent evidence.
- Seek Medical Care - Even if you feel fine, you may have whiplash or other soft tissue injuries.
- Contact Police - A police report must be filed about the accident.
- Contact an Experienced Accident Injury Attorney - The Graham Firm can help you every step of the way, starting with a free consultation.
- Keep Quiet - Don't discuss your case with anyone until you've consulted with an experienced Georgia auto accident attorney.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, don't wait to take action. Whether the bus driver, bus company, or another driver is at fault for your bus accident, we can help you get compensation. Contact The Graham Firm today at (678) 603-1119 for a free consultation.
The Graham Firm Is Your Ally in Bus Accident Claims—Get Professional Legal Support Now!
The Graham Firm has been aggressively fighting to get our clients the compensation they deserve for more than 20 years, and we’ve recovered over $70 million on their behalf. We handle negotiations, court proceedings, and everything else so you can focus on getting better rather than trying to negotiate with an insurance company for money.
If you’re ready for a compassionate and experienced Griffin GA bus accident lawyer to help you get the money you need for medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, and more, contact The Graham Firm today at (678) 603-1119. A caring personal injury lawyer will handle your bus accident case with small-town service and a smile.
5 Steps for Maximizing Your Compensation With a Qualified Griffin GA Bus Accident Lawyer on Your Side!
When it comes to bus accident claims, there are specific steps you can take to ensure that you get the most compensation for your injuries and damages. Here are 5 steps to help you get the most money possible after your bus crash.
- Don’t Settle Too Early: The insurance company will throw money at you early on to try to get you to go away, but that amount will always be less than what you truly deserve.
- Contact A Lawyer Sooner Than Later: You should be spending your time healing rather than arguing with the insurance company. The sooner you contact an experienced bus accident attorney like the ones at The Graham Firm, the sooner you can start to heal.
- Be Honest With Your Lawyer: Even if you were partly at fault for your accident, you may still be owed compensation. Being totally open and transparent with your lawyer helps you get the maximum amount of compensation.
- Follow Medical Advice: While your attorney focuses on the financial side of your problems, you should focus on your health and do everything your doctor advises to help you recover physically and mentally.
- Let Your Lawyer Do the Heavy Lifting: Your Griffin personal injury attorney will thoroughly investigate liability and everything else regarding your case. Let him/her handle the legal legwork while you recover and get well.
The insurance company wants to give you as little money as possible after an accident. You need legal advice from a qualified bus accident attorney in Spalding County to make sure you get everything you truly deserve. Contact us today at (678) 603-1119 for your free consultation and let us fight for your rights!
Our Griffin, GA Accident Injury Service Area
The Graham Firm
Monday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm