We'll Fight Aggressively To Help You Get Justice After A Motorcycle Crash
At The Graham Firm, our Marietta motorcycle accident lawyer is dedicated to representing injured motorcyclists and their families. We understand the unique challenges that come with these types of cases and have the knowledge and expertise necessary to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
As a motorcycle rider, it's important to be aware of the dangers on the road. Unfortunately, even the most cautious riders can fall victim to an accident caused by another driver's negligence. Being involved in a motorcycle accident in Cobb County, GA, can be traumatic and overwhelming. However, victims and their families do not have to navigate the aftermath of a motorcycle crash alone.
Our team of attorneys will work tirelessly to investigate the details of your case, negotiate with insurance companies, and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way. With years of experience representing clients in similar situations, we have the skills and resources necessary to help you obtain a favorable outcome. Don't let the aftermath of a motorcycle accident in Marietta weigh on you alone. Contact The Graham Firm at (404)526-9955 to schedule a free no-obligation consultation.
Aggressive Advocacy for Georgia Motorcycle Victims
The Graham Firm represents victims of all types of motorcycle collisions in Cobb County including:
- Car vs. Motorcycle
- Truck vs. Motorcycle
- Unsafe turning accidents (driver of the vehicle did not see a motorcyclist)
- Unsafe passing
- Distracted driver collisions
- DUI accidents
- Unsafe lane change motorcycle crashes, and more.
If you are a motorcycle accident victim and it was not your fault, damages may be available for medical care costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. It is never too soon to speak with a personal injury attorney.
Legal help is just a phone call away. If you or someone close to you has been involved in a motorcycle accident in Georgia caused by a negligent driver, contact The Graham Firm today. Don’t leave money on the table or accept a lowball settlement. Call us today at (404) 526-9955 for a FREE case review!
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else's negligence, contact The Graham Firm today. Our motorcycle accident attorney in Marietta, GA is committed to providing aggressive advocacy and compassionate support. Contact us today for a free consultation at (404) 526-9955. We will fight hard on your behalf and help you get the compensation that you are entitled to receive.
The Hazards of Riding: Top Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
In 2021, there were about 4,200 motorcycle accidents in the state of Georgia, with about 2,700 injuries, and 150 deaths reported. Of all fatal motor vehicle accidents, the National Safety Council estimates that just about 14% involve motorcycles. This is notable, considering only 3% of registered vehicles are motorcycles. The majority of motorcycle accidents occur in good weather conditions.
The biggest hazards to motorcycle operators will always be other drivers. Motorcyclists do not have the protection that a vehicle offers and are vulnerable to catastrophic injury or death in any collision. While there is no single cause of motorcycle accidents, some common factors include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving under the influence
- Disregard for the “right of way”
- Bad weather conditions
- Road hazards and defects such as potholes and construction zones
The 5 Most Devastating Injuries Resulting from a Motorcycle Crash
Around 80% of collisions involving motorcycles have some sort of injury. Motorcyclists simply do not have the protection offered by motor vehicles, and as such, a motorcycle accident is more likely to result in a severe injury than a car accident. Operators and passengers involved in motorcycle accidents suffer physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.
An experienced, dedicated lawyer at our Marietta personal injury law office can help you recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to following an accident. We handle all types of automobile and truck accident cases throughout the state of Georgia. Do not delay in contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer - time is of the essence.
The National Safety Council says that motorcycle riders are active participants in their own safety. In Georgia, motorcycle operators and passengers are required to wear a helmet. Wearing a motorcycle helmet can significantly reduce the risk of fatalities and head injuries after a bike collision. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), helmets are 37% effective in preventing deaths for operators and 41% effective for passengers. And that's not all, they are also 69% effective in reducing the risk of head injuries! So, if you're planning on hitting the road with your motorcycle, make sure you always wear a helmet to protect yourself and your passengers.
The most common injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Your skull holds your brain, and any injuries to your skull or brain can be serious, catastrophic, and life-changing.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injury to the cervical region, thoracic spine, lumbar spine, or sacral spine can be permanently disabling.
- Leg injuries: Injuries to the knees, calves, ankles, feet, and toes are common. Without proper treatment and care, these injuries can lead to complications or long-term disability.
- Road rash injuries: When a rider is thrown across asphalt or pavement, layers of skin may be peeled away, causing painful abrasions vulnerable to infection. Treatment may involve stitches, skin grafts, debridement, or other surgery. Injured victims may be left with nerve damage, scarring, and excruciating pain.
- Upper extremity injuries: Without the protection offered by automobile seat belts, bikers’ arms often suffer the initial impact of being thrown from a bike.
With many severe injuries, being released from the hospital is actually only the beginning of a long uphill battle. The physical pain and emotional suffering, coupled with the financial devastation of not being able to work, can seem insurmountable. Connecting with a skilled and highly experienced personal injury lawyer immediately is crucial. If you have sustained any of the above injuries in a motorcycle accident in Marietta or Cobb County as a result of someone else's carelessness, contact The Graham Firm right away for help. We are here for you every step of the way.
Steps to Take If You've Been Involved in a Motorcycle Collision
If you or a loved one are involved in a motorcycle accident, take the following steps to protect your legal rights in a personal injury or wrongful death claim:
1. Report the accident: The accident should be reported immediately to local authorities by calling 911. Police responding will conduct an investigation and prepare a report. This report will be the initial evidence of our claim. If an additional investigation is required to gather evidence, your Georgia personal injury lawyer can arrange this.
2. Get medical attention: If you suffer any injury following your accident, seek immediate medical treatment. Do not downplay your injuries or pain, or take a “wait and see approach.” Complete recommended treatment, including follow-up visits with your primary care provider or specialists. Your treatment record (and subsequent medical bills) document your injuries and are important evidence should you later pursue a claim. If you fail to complete medical treatment, insurance companies may suggest that you were not as seriously injured as you claim.
3. Tell Your Own Insurance Company About Your Accident: If you have your own insurance policy, the terms of your policy require you to report the accident promptly. Only disclose facts, do not speculate on fault or your physical state.
4. Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney: Following an injury accident, it is never too soon to speak with a lawyer. Your lawyer can help you hold the at-fault driver (and any other negligent parties) accountable for your loss.
Why Hiring an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Marietta, GA Could Make All the Difference!
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact The Graham Firm to see how we can help you. We fight for fair compensation and advocate for justice. Our Marietta motorcycle accident lawyer is familiar with the challenges of a complex automobile accident case and is prepared to fight for you. If we represent you, we will not charge any fees unless we recover money for you. Contact us today at (404) 526-9955 to schedule your free consultation.
Marietta, GA Accident Injury Service Area
We a located in downtown Marietta, at 191 Roswell Street, right on the square just minutes from the Big Chicken.
The Graham Firm
Phone: (404) 526-9955
Law Office Hours:
Monday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Proudly Serving Marietta, Smyrna, Kennesaw, Mableton, Powder Springs, Vinings,
and all of Cobb County and surrounding areas.