Injured In A Trucking Accident? You Need An Experienced Marietta Truck Accident Attorney On Your Side!
The potential physical consequences of a truck crash can be devastating, and a Marietta truck accident lawyer knows it better than anyone else. Although a truck wreck does not happen as often as a car accident, collisions involving big rigs, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, and other monstrous commercial trucks can lead to life-changing injuries including catastrophic injuries and wrongful death due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles.
When someone is involved in a truck accident in Marietta, GA, or Cobb County, GA, the injury or disability can stay with the victim long after the incident and affect his or her earning capacity, ability to work, and other aspects of quality of life. While a truck accident lawyer in Marietta, GA, cannot undo what happened, this Marietta personal injury attorney can help you obtain maximum compensation.
At our law firm, we understand the complexities associated with trucking accidents and how challenging it can be for victims to recover from their injuries. We have an experienced legal team ready to help you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages. Contact us today for a free truck accident case review at (404) 526-9955 if you or your loved one has been involved in a trucking accident. We'll be there every step of the way to ensure that you get justice!
How Can A Marietta Truck Accident Lawyer Help You?
The legal process associated with truck crashes requires thorough investigations, the opinions of accident reconstruction experts and expert witnesses, the use of discovery procedures, and meticulous collection of all available evidence to prove the other party’s fault.
That is why a prompt investigation of the truck accident scene is of paramount importance. The trucking company whose vehicle has been involved will quickly dispatch its own investigators to find evidence of your fault or even potentially taint the evidence.
That is why you need the best truck accident lawyers by your side who will (a) investigate the accident scene as soon as possible, and (b) make sure that the other party does not tamper with the physical evidence.
Our team of experienced truck accident attorneys has a successful track record for obtaining top-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients who were involved in big truck accidents. We are here to help you get justice. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. Let us fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve!
Big Truck Accident Lawyers and Investigators
Here at The Graham Firm, our team of investigators will do all of the following to strengthen your legal case:
- Visit the accident scene
- Take photographs of physical evidence
- Request access to the driver’s logbook
- Preserve data from the truck’s black box
- Talk to witnesses and document eyewitness accounts
- Document skid marks, debris, vehicle damage, and fluid stains at the scene
- Obtain police reports and motor carrier records
- Review witness statements and safety logs
- Use the services of accident reconstruction experts
- And much more.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in GA and the US?
The latest report by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) showed that an estimated nearly 450,000 truck collisions were reported to police in 2017. Of these, almost 1% - 4,237 – resulted in death or multiple fatalities, while the other 23% – 344,000 crashes – involved injuries.
In Georgia, there are approximately 1,500 truck accident fatalities per year, according to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety.
Tractor/semi-trailers are involved in the vast majority of such collisions (nearly 59%), while single-unit trucks with two axles and single-unit trucks with three axles caused more than 20% and almost 10% crashes respectively.
Top Causes of Truck Accidents in Marietta
The causes of truck accidents in Marietta and Cobb County vary from one collision to another. Regardless of what caused your truck crash, proving the other party’s fault and obtaining fair compensation through insurance companies in Georgia can be tough if you do not have a truck accident attorney by your side.
The Large Truck Crash Causation Study by the FMCSA outlines the leading causes of truck crashes ordered from most common to least:
- Brake problems (29%)
- Traveling too fast for conditions (23%)
- The driver is unfamiliar with the roadway (22%)
- Poor road conditions or inadequate roadway design (20%)
- The use of over-the-counter drugs that impair the ability to drive (17%)
- Failure to scan the surroundings or look at the road while operating the vehicle or performing a maneuver (14%)
- Fatigued driving (13%)
- The driver is overworked or under a tremendous amount of pressure (10%)
- The driver makes an illegal maneuver (9%)
- Driver inattention (9%)
- Distracted driving (external) (8%)
- Tire problems (6%)
- Tailgating or following too close (5%)
- Jackknife caused by improper braking, steering errors, inadequately secured cargo, or other factors (5%)
- Cargo shifts as a result of improper loading or overloading (4%)
- The driver’s illness (3%)
- Distracted driving (internal) (2%)
- The use of illegal drugs (2%)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol (1%)
Speak with an experienced truck accident attorney to investigate your collision and determine whether a vehicle problem or driver error was responsible for causing the crash.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) After a Truck Accident in Marietta or Cobb County
After a truck accident in Marietta or Cobb County, a victim has many questions regarding financial recovery, liability, and other aspects of handling a personal injury claim. If you do not find your question under this section, our big truck accident lawyer in Cobb County, GA, will address your particular concerns in a free phone consultation.
Under Georgia’s statute of limitations, there is a certain time limit for bringing forward a legal action after a truck accident. In Georgia, most truck wrecks follow these deadlines:
- You have two years after the collision to file a claim for injury; and
- You have four years from the date of the truck wreck to file a claim for property damage.
In some cases, these time limits are different. For example, if you were 14 when the truck collision occurred, the deadline does not start until after your 18th birthday. Typically, an Atlanta truck accident attorney will help you figure out how much time you have to file a lawsuit and help you speed up the process of recovering damages.
Some people are reluctant to hire a semi-truck accident lawyer out of fear that retaining an attorney would cost them more than their total medical expenses. What many do not realize is that you can hire an attorney without paying one cent out of pocket.
It is true that some lawyers charge hundreds of dollars per hour. But for someone who is struggling to pay medical bills and is unable to earn money due to their injury or disability, this is an unmanageable amount of money.
Our Marietta truck accident lawyer at The Graham Firm is dedicated to helping you obtain the maximum amount of money you deserve without having to worry about your financial struggles. For this reason, we implement a very simple fee structure:
- We offer a free consultation
- You never have to pay us anything out of pocket
- You pay us nothing unless we win you money
Our attorney will take a percentage of the money (attorney fees) that we help you recover. All the remaining money goes to you.
Take these steps following a truck accident:
- Call the police. The police report is a critical official record of the accident.
- Exchange contact and insurance information. However, do not say more than your contact and insurance information because your words can be used against you.
- Take photographs at the scene. Make sure that you photograph the scene and the extent of your injury.
- Write down witness information. Witnesses play a considerable role in truck accident cases.
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel completely fine. Some symptoms may not show immediately.
- Report the crash to your insurance company. But do not accept any money from your insurer just yet.
- Speak with a truck accident injury lawyer. An experienced attorney at The Graham Firm will offer phone consultation for free.
Contact our Marietta truck accident lawyer from The Graham Firm to receive a free case evaluation.
Call us at 404-526-9955 or fill out the contact form below.
Marietta, GA Accident Injury Service Area
We a located in downtown Marietta, at 191 Roswell Street, right on the square.
The Graham Firm
Phone: (404) 526-9955
Law Office Hours:
Monday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Proudly Serving Marietta, Smyrna, Kennesaw, Mableton, Powder Springs, Vinings,
and all of Cobb County and surrounding areas.
Truck and Auto Accident Resources For Marietta, Georgia and Surrounding Areas
Here is a list of resources that truck accident victims may find helpful:
Local and Government Resources:
Marietta Police Department
Georgia Department of Transportation
Georgia State Patrol
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Georgia Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Trust Fund
Georgia Department of Driver Services' Accident Report
Georgia Department of Labor's Division of Workers' Compensation