Accident Injury Attorneys That Understand
The Graham Firm is your personal injury attorney in Kennesaw, GA. We understand that being involved in an accident involving an injury can be daunting, and the financial and emotional consequences can seem overwhelming. That is why our team of experienced personal injury attorneys are here to help you navigate this difficult time. Our lawyers will fight for your rights and ensure that you get all the compensation you deserve to take care of your medical bills, lost wages, and other personal losses. You can rely on us to provide compassionate representation and aggressive advocacy no matter what personal injury case you are facing.
Need A Top-Rated Kennesaw
Personal Injury Lawyer?
The doors of The Graham Firm are always open to those who need us most. We recognize the burden and frustration of personal injury cases and aim to lift that weight off your shoulders. Our seasoned lawyers have been helping accident victims for over 2 decades in Kennesaw, Marietta, Symrna, Vinings, and all of Cobb County, GA winning some of the most complicated court battles for personal injury victims.
We do more than help our clients seek compensation--we take the time to get to know you and provide support, making you feel like part of our family. Our client-centered approach has helped us win numerous cases and secure millions in settlements. We take advantage of our extensive network to pull all the necessary resources. Whether you are up against a high-profile trucking company or an insurance company, we will fight tooth and nail to ensure you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Types of Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
Studies from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)show that over 24 million people visit a physician's office each year due to an unintentional injury. Another person's negligence or carelessness could easily cause the life of another. There are many possible causes of injury, and therefore various types of personal injury claims. These can include:
- Motor vehicle accidents are the most common types of personal injury cases. They include car accidents, pedestrian, trucking accidents, Uber/Lyft, and motorcycle accidents.
- Wrongful death- If a personal injury victim succumbs to the injuries, the case becomes a wrongful death claim. These cases are often pursued by the deceased's family and oftentimes, loved ones will also seek compensation for other related expenses that come as a result of the death, which can include burial and funeral expenses, loss of companionship, medical bills, and more.
- Product liability- With so many unscrupulous companies hungry for money, product liability cases are becoming more and more common in courtrooms. These claims may arise when someone suffers from consuming a dangerous product or if the product has design or manufacturing defects or inadequate warning on its ingredients and dangers of the product.
- Workplace accidents- Employers are responsible for the work safety of their employees; thus, every company should have workers' compensation insurance. Most of these insurance policies cover all medical bills and other related expenses due to personal injuries.
- Premise Liability- Every establishment must be safe for guests or employees. Although most premise liability claims are against businesses, there are claims against homeowners. Common premise liability claims are due to slip and fall accidents. Therefore, owners or operators of public buildings must repair or provide warnings of dangerous conditions on the property. Not putting up a "slippery sign" warning has also landed a lot of establishments in trouble.
- Animal/Dog Attacks- Most animal attack claims are a result of dog bites. Animal keepers are required by law to control their pets' aggressive tendencies. In some cases, animal attack claims can be pursued as part of a premise liability claim or as an independent case.
- Medical Malpractice- You can claim compensation for injuries due to a healthcare practitioner's misconduct or if they cause harm by using defective supplies or substandard medical care. Common medical malpractice cases include wrongful deaths and birth injuries.
The personal injury attorneys at The Graham Firm understand how overwhelming injury cases can be. We will take the time to discuss your case, listen carefully to your concerns, and answer all of your questions. We want you to feel confident that we are here for you every step of the way as we fight for justice on your behalf. Contact The Graham Firm today to schedule a free consultation in Kennesaw, GA. We will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Best Questions to Ask a Kennesaw Personal Injury Attorney Before You Hire
Personal injury attorneys must work closely with clients; therefore, you must ensure that you choose a person you can trust. It is, therefore, essential to interview your attorney before hiring them. Ensure that you start on the same page by understanding their experience and the personal injury law in GA. Here are some of the questions you should ask a personal injury attorney before hiring them:
- Can you handle my case? It is best to seek the services of an attorney or law firm specializing in personal injury law.
- Have you handled a similar case before? Look for experience.
- What is your unbiased opinion on my case? Let the attorney give you their assessment of the claim.
- How much will you charge? The attorney may work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay them if they recover damages. Also, ask for any other fees you may have to facilitate during the case.
- Will my case go to trial? Not all cases get to court. Your injury attorney may recommend an out-of-court settlement depending on the nature of the case.
- How much will I be involved in the case? Some attorneys let the clients take a back seat throughout the case, which at times, maybe the best approach to avoid complications.
- What happens if we lose the case? Make sure you understand the whole agreement.
Click here to learn more about the best questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them.
Types of Personal Injury Damages
Personal injury law allows for the compensation of damages for losses caused by someone else's negligence or carelessness. These damages may be economic and non-economic; thus, it is best to discuss these with your attorney. The insurance company should provide fair compensation for all medical expenses, lost wages, court costs, pain and suffering, and other damages of this nature. You should also discuss insurance policy limits with your lawyer. Essentially there are three types of personal injury damages that may be available to you:
1. Economic damages
They are awarded as a remedy for financial losses due to injuries related to the case. Economic damages are meant to shoulder a plaintiff's financial burden. They may include medical expenses, property damage, loss of income, cost of living with disability, funeral expenses, and personal care costs among others.
2. Non-economic damages
Non-economic damages are intangible and, thus, a bit more complicated to calculate. They include future losses, often due to loss of income or medical care. These damages are subject to factors such as the victim's age, income, and the severity of the injury. Examples include mental distress, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, destroyed reputation, or loss of companionship.
3. Punitive damages
Punitive damages are not awarded to the victim but are meant to punish the defendant for extreme negligence and discourage others from such acts, especially where malice or recklessness is proven.
At The Graham Firm, we understand that you need to recover from an injury before focusing on insurance companies and legal cases. Our personal injury law office is here to relieve the stress of the situation while vigorously defending your rights. Contact us today for a free case review. We are here to ensure that you get the justice and compensation you deserve. We will work with you to make sure that your rights are protected.
Why Choose the Graham Firm Personal Attorney in Kennesaw, GA?
When you choose The Graham Firm, you know that you have a team of experts with extensive experience in personal injury law. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims receive the compensation they deserve. We have won numerous cases through verdicts and settlements worth millions on behalf of our clients.
We understand that your health and financial situation may be compromised after an accident. Our attorneys will work hard to make sure that the responsible parties are held accountable and that you receive full and fair compensation for your damages. Whether it's through settlement negotiations or legal proceedings, our team is prepared to do whatever it takes to protect your rights.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer in Kennesaw. A highly qualified personal injury attorney will be able to help protect your rights and pursue fair compensation for your damages.
The Graham Firm handles motorcycle accident, car accident, commercial truck accident and wrongful death cases. We understand the emotional and financial toll these accidents can take on those involved, and our attorneys will work with you to ensure that your rights are defended.
One of the best ways to find a nearby personal injury attorney is to do a quick internet search for “personal injury attorney near me.” You can also check with trusted friends and family members who may have had a good experience with an attorney in the past.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential attorneys, make sure to research their credentials and reviews online to ensure that they are qualified and experienced.
Contact the Graham Firm today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Kennesaw, GA, and get the compensation you deserve. Our team is here to protect your rights and help you through this difficult process. Call us now at (404) 526-9955 for a free consultation and personal injury claim review. Let us fight for you!